Monday, July 27, 2009

Summertime!







after such a long absence...We're all doing well here, my back is doing excellent after the surgery, the pain that i had before is completely gone, praise God! i only have risidual pain from the surgery, ie numbness to my right leg and intermittent slight lower back pain, which the doc says is normal and should decrease in about a year. i'm taking a yoga class this summer to help keep my muscles stretched, so far it's really helped. i am soo glad i had it done, its amazing!

nate and i are enjoying our summer just working and trying to fit in play time. not too many get-aways this summer but it should be enough. we're going camping at the end of august and going to LA in october. maybe a few weekends away here and there...

this last weekend we both walked the "Wharf to Wharf" race, i knew i couldn't run it because of my back but i thought i could walk it. it was a blast!!! it only took 1:52:35 to complete the 6 miles....that's not too bad for walking, right? maybe next year we'll be able to run it, or at least jog.


2 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad the surgery worked! I have been dealing with back pain as a result of several car accidents in a short time (none my fault, I must add...). It is no fun! So glad you're feeling better! =)

Jen said...

super fun,jen!! i SO love that pic of you and nate!

Happily Ever After

The intertwined, married lives of a nurse and her grease monkey